1. What are the entry criteria for Mrs South Africa?
Any potential entrant must meet all the following criteria in order to enter :
- Be a South African female citizen, with valid South Africa ID document and
- Be between the ages of 25 – 50, by 1st November in the year of entry and
- Be legally married, with valid marriage certificate from the South African Department of Home Affairs
2. When do entries open?
The entry form for the year ahead will be made available on the website at the beginning of October of each year. Entrants must complete the entry form, in full, on the website and attach all the following documents to it : South African Identity document, South African Marriage Certificate, Two entry photos AND Proof of payment for the entry fee of R606,05, which is non-refundable
Once all the above steps are completed, contestants may need to avail themselves, in person, for the National Casting in Gauteng towards end February/beginning March (if applicable due to COVID regulations). Once a contestant presents themselves at the National Casting, the will then be considered for a place a semi-finalist. Should COVID-1 regulations prevent a Live National casting from taking place, the selection for 2022 semi-finalists will take place based on entry photos and entry forms. 2022 dates including a potential National Casting will be made available in due course
3. What photos should I have to enter?
For entry purposes, we require one full length photo and one head & shoulder photo. It does not need to be professional photos. Photos must be:
- Recent, from the past year
- High resolution (Approx. 350 KB – 500 KB max)
- Entrant in daywear
- Against a plain background
Photos should not be
- Wedding photos
- Entrant dressed in fancy costumes, gym wear or active wear
4. Do you have any weight or height restrictions?
No. We embrace women of all heights, sizes, body shapes etc. therefore we not have any weight or height restrictions for entering Mrs South Africa.
5. Are tattoos allowed?
Yes. Tattoos are allowed
6. Do I need to have a valid passport to enter?
No. Entrants do not need a valid passport to enter Mrs South Africa but they must apply for it and obtain it as soon as possible. This is because a contestant may need to travel overseas for the Mrs World pageant, should they win Mrs South Africa
7. Do I need to have my Driver’s license to enter?
No. Entrants do not need a drivers licence to enter. However, they should apply for obtain this as soon as possible. This is because the prize package, should they win, may include a car
8. I work full time. Can I enter Mrs South Africa?
Yes. We have had many contestants and titleholders who have had full time jobs. The Mrs South Africa Management Team does take this into account when planning the calendar and always try to plan around school holidays, long weekends etc. We suggest all entrants consult the calendar for the year ahead and understand the compulsory dates that they will be required to present themselves for any events, judging etc. We then contestants to discuss these dates with their families, employers etc., in advance of entering Mrs South Africa
9. I am traditionally married. Can I enter Mrs South Africa?
According to South African law, customary or traditional marriages are recognised. We recognise these as well. However, contestants need to apply for and obtain their valid marriage certificate from the Department of Home Affairs, prior to entry. This must be attached when completing the entry form
10. I am engaged. Can I enter Mrs South Africa?
Unfortunately not. Entrants need to be legally married, with a valid SA marriage certificate, when they enter
11. I am married to a foreigner. Can I enter Mrs South Africa?
Yes. Entrants can enter if they are themselves are a South African citizen
12. I am married to a female. Can I enter Mrs South Africa?
Yes. Entrants may enter if they are married to same sex partner. Mrs South Africa recognises all marriages, including same sex marriages
13. Do I have to be born female to enter Mrs South Africa ?
No. Entrants need not be born biologically female to enter Mrs South Africa. However, their current South Africa Identity document must reflect their amended gender as female
14. What if I am pregnant. Can I enter?
We embrace all married women including pregnant entrants or contestants. However, we do not recommend this as the year will be very busy and this may add additional pressure and stress to one’s health, which we would not want to risk
15. Do I have to be a mother to enter?
No. Contestants do not need to have children to enter Mrs South Africa
16. What are the minimum educational qualifications to enter?
We embrace contestants from all backgrounds. Therefore, there are no minimum educational qualifications to enter.
17. Do I need modelling training or prior pageant experience to enter?
No. Contestants do not need prior pageant or modelling experience in order to enter
18. What can I expect as a contestant?
We do suggest that any potential entrant watches our video below which will give them a good idea of what to expect on the journey